Before we get into the details of the NSSP, let’s talk about our commitment to safety. As with all Royal Rangers activities, if they are conducted improperly, without proper supervision, or if participants disregard the rules of safety, the possibility of serious injury or death increases. So the National Office of Royal Rangers has designed the entire NSSP around a core standard: Safety First!
Royal Rangers are always to be “READY”. In this case, to be “ready” you have to know the basics of safety. Safety is the first – and the last – rule in the shooting sports. As you progress through the requirements for the NSSP, and its Merits and Competitions, you will be required to learn and obey every safety standard and adhere to the rules and regulations adopted by the National Office.
At ALL times follow these three Safety Rules:
- ALWAYS Keep The Gun Pointed In A Safe Direction.
- ALWAYS Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Ready To Shoot
- ALWAYS Keep The Gun Unloaded Until Ready To Use
Safety Resource Links:
- Daisy Safety Rules
- Take Aim at Safety – Daisy Safety Quiz
- NRA Youth Programs Resources & Information
“How To” Resource Links:
- Daisy Outdoor Products – Youtube Channel
- NRA rule books for BB gun, Air Rifle, Small bore, black powder and trap can be downloaded here
- Ten Lesson Curriculum for Shooting Education
- Target Crazy – Archery Resources, Guides, Info and Tips
Disclaimer: The National Royal Rangers does not endorse any product listed or advertised by Target Crazy. Link to this website is for the sole purpose of assisting Royal Rangers with better understanding and familiarity with archery fundamentals and related equipment.
294 total views, 6 views today